Tuesday, April 9, 2013

PGA Program: It's Not Just for Adults

pga hotelOur recent PGA program was incredible! Since it is not a ride we can restart we'll just have to wait (impatiently) for the non-stop entertainment, stimulating lectures, shiurim and kids programming to return.

My little one loved Kosherica/Leisure day camp. Every morning she pulled at my sleeve begging me to go. The majority of the counselors were young New Yorkers. They gave my daughter about a million hugs and got her excited about the fun games and activities they had planned for her. Each day depending on chol hamoed or Tom tov featured rock climbing, water slides and carnival rides. At 4:30 every day there was a kids show with magicians, animals, clowns and jugglers. It was like a Kosher Disneyland!

This was the first Pesach I felt truly comfortable leaving my child in camp so that I could have a little bit of mommy me time. In my case this meant attending lectures by M. Gary Neuman, Oprah's go to therapist, who discussed how to create better relationships. Additionally, Rabbi Mordechai Shifman proved to be a brilliant rabbinical scholar. He made the most difficult concepts seem easy to grasp. And Professor Mark Shapiro gave a wonderful lecture on Judiac studies. No wonder his classes always have a wait list!

I didn't study the whole time. I also went to my version of Disneyland-esque day camp: the spa! The deep tissue hot stone massage at the 5 star spa was dreamy. Walking from treatment to treatment in a plush robe made my worries melt away.

Bookmark this blog if you haven't already. Next week I will review the wonderful entertainment at the PGA Passover program!

No comments:

Post a Comment