Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Dreaming of Europe. Dreaming of the High Seas.

There is nothing better than positive customer feedback. A comment on Facebook, a quick email, photos from your kosher cruise; no matter what the format we love to hear about your experiences. Every so often we get an email or a letter that just makes our day, week, month. Like this recent gem:

"I had always dreamed of sailing off to Europe. With limited time a cruise that visited multiple countries seemed like the perfect choice; luxury combined with shore excursions to the canals of Venice, the ruins of Rome, the grand museums of Spain, Portugal and France; not to mention the warm Mediterranean sun! 

But, admittedly I am not an easy traveler. I was particularly concerned about finding good Kosher fare. I am very cautious about my diet and being a modern orthodox, I stick to Glatt Kosher only. I've taken too many flights that served inedible Kosher meals and I couldn't stomach the idea of being stuck at sea with that kind of food.

And then an answer came in the mail. The pamphlet was from a company called Kosherica and it showed people laughing and smiling and enjoying generous portions of exquisite food. I was thrilled to discover that the food was Glatt kosher, even 'Chalav Yisrael' and supervised by Rabbis!  

That was all the information I needed to sign-up. A life-long dream come true.

The cruise was all I could have hoped for. I felt like a queen! The meals were amazing and often had a Mediterranean flavor. The wide variety of kosher food was paired with excellent kosher wine from Isreal, which as I learned on board, is starting to compete with best vintages coming out of France and Napa Valley.

Off ship we visited ancient synagogues and historic Jewish cemeteries. I felt a new connection to our past and the history of our people. On the days we stayed on the ship we were treated to a choice of religious studies with well-known and clearly brilliant Rabbis.

Being a bit of a picky eater I was especially excited about the Jewish cooking lessons. And of course I spent plenty of time lounging by the pool and luxuriating in the spa.

I made countless new friends and enjoyed every minute of the entertainment. I can honestly say this was the best travel experience I've ever had.

Thanks Kosherica!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment